Difference between revisions of "Training and Workshops"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 13:42, 9 July 2008
Evolutionary Biology and Ontologies Workshop: June 20, 2008
This workshop will be held in conjunction with the Evolution 2008 meeting in Minneapolis, MN, 20 June 2008. It is organized under the auspices of the National Center for Biomedical Ontologies (NCBO) in collaboration with the National Evolutionary Synthesis Center (NESCent).
- Barry Smith (Buffalo), Paula Mabee (University of South Dakota), Todd Vision (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill), Monte Westerfield (University of Oregon)
- This meeting is focused on the application of ontologies to studies in evolutionary biology and related disciplines, with a particular emphasis on studies of the phenotype.
- Introducing what ontologies are, how they should be built, what makes an ontology useful, and how ontologies help people collaborate across disciplines;
- Giving illustrations of ontologies actually being used to address problems of interest to evolutionary biologists;
- Networking and planning: what do we do next in order to advance ontology-based information integration in evolutionary biology?
- Registration will be open to attendees of the Evolution 2008 conference at no additional cost.